Tafel Motors Mercedes-Benz is Seeking Experienced Sales professionals. Automotive sales experience preferred but not required.
Enjoy selling the world’s finest vehicles in a beautiful facility while working in a professional and supportive environment. Contact us for a confidential conversation to find out more and learn about the possibilities.
For those without prior automotive sales experience, and for those new to the brand, we have a three stage training and development process to prepare you for success.
Please only apply if you are an experienced sales professional
- Minimum of 3 years as a commissioned Sales Professional in any industry.
- A proven sales record
- Well-rounded communication skills — interpersonal, phone, email
- Ability to overcome challenges with a positive attitude and dynamic personality
- Self-motivated with the ability with strong time management skills
- A clean driving record
Full Benefits Package:
Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision and life insurance 401(k), HSA, and short term disability also available. Paid vacation / Sick time (PTO) FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements. Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts. Opportunities for advancement. A professional and respectful work environment
- Excellent Compensation with realistic 6 Figure income potential and Full Benefits Package
- Draw against commission
- Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision and life insurance401(k), HSA, and short term disability also available Paid vacation / Sick time (PTO)FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts Opportunities for advancement A professional and respectful work environment.
Tafel Motors Mercedes-Benz in Louisville, Ky is seeking to hire additional qualified automotive technicians that have at least three years of current European ( Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, MINI, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover) vehicle repair experience. If you have a passion to grow your career and to increase your income as an automotive technician – we want to speak with you!
Our business continues to grow and we are expecting an exciting 2017. We are a “Best of the Best” Mercedes-Benz dealer serving our community for over 50 years – and the only Mercedes-Benz dealer in a metro area of 1.2 million people! We are looking for professional, career minded individuals to join our team of professional automotive technicians. Commensurate with your experience, knowledge, and training/certification level, we will custom tailor an incentive and compensation package for you, including relocation reimbursement, and temporary housing assistance if applicable. We want to attract and retain talented, positive, hard-working people!
To ensure the success of our automotive technicians, Tafel Motors has designed a Mentoring Program that partners our newest technicians with Certified automotive technician professionals who can share their expertise and provide ongoing support to ensure you can start your career at Tafel Motors successfully.
All candidates must successfully pass a drug screen, driver license check and background check. Please respond with your resume and be sure to include your ASE certifications. All inquiries confidential.
Visit our web site at www.tafelmotors.com. Google our cost of living in Louisville and see the advantages we can offer in housing, schools, restaurants, entertainment, the arts, the park system and more that provide for an environment to enjoy a high quality of life.
Automotive Technician Summary:
Responsible for identifying necessary vehicle service and performing the repair, service, and/or maintenance work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an automotive technician include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Examine customer vehicles.
- Identify necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain CSI at or above company standards.
- Estimate cost of repairs.
- Perform vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Document services performed.
- Perform services efficiently and according to dealership guidelines.
- Follow dealership and manufacturer service guidelines.
- Request necessary parts.
- Follow Safeguards rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, the automotive technician must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thorough knowledge of automotive parts and systems. Demonstrable mechanical skills and knowledge. Technical training or commensurate technical experience required. Ability to deal effectively with Customers and dealership personnel.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to understand and follow technical manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
All base ASE certifications
Ability to learn parts department computer inventory and ordering system.
Duties are performed primarily in the service area. Work includes movement around vehicles, working in various physical positions, and the safe operation of power tools and test equipment. Service Technicians may be exposed to loud noise, vibration, exhaust fumes, and other service and repair conditions. The Service Technician frequently interacts with customers, service advisors and the service manager.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of the automotive technician, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to learn parts department computer inventory and ordering system.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, the automotive technician should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collect and research data.
- Problem Solving – Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Team Work – Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Adaptability – Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work on time; Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follow instructions, respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Use time efficiently; Set goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
Special Emphasis on the following essential attributes of an automotive technician:
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Meet productivity standards; Strive to increase productivity.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the automotive technician. The technician will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.